PTA Mission and Purpose
The PTA's mission guides its plans, goals and actions. As part of the PTA family, you play an important role in achieving the mission.
The overall purpose of the PTA is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging an empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
PTA has been advocating for children and families for more than 119 years. Our work is centered on our historical purposes which have guided our association through the years.
Purposes of PTA:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship and throughout the community;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical & mental health, welfare and the safety of children and youth;
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth;
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and social well-being of all children and youth;
- To advocate for the fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.